Camp registration fees charged to children and youth cover 80% of the cost of camp for each camper. Your gifts, as well as support from synods, congregations, and grants enable us to keep camp affordable and cover the remaining 20% of camper expenses. Some youth need financial assistance, in the form of camper scholarships, to go to camp, and no one is turned away from camp due to financial reasons.
Your gifts help keep camper registration fees as low as possible for all campers, provide much-needed scholarships, contribute to maintaining facilities, and help to cover the costs of quality people on the staff who provide Christ-centered programs and activities for campers.
Each year, hundreds of people choose to partner with this ministry to provide at least $300,000 in unrestricted gifts. Giving clubs have been established primarily to support annual operating costs and to identify specific purposes for each of your gifts. Simultaneously, giving clubs allow us to recognize your gifts and express our thanks. Ridge, Rock, and Ranch Builders recognize gifts to Lutheridge, Lutherock, and Lutheranch. Friends of Luther Springs recognize unrestricted gifts to Luther Springs. Staff and alumni giving club opportunities are also available and are sometimes connected to special projects.
Additionally, the ministry is blessed to receive, and is especially thankful for, endowed or designated gifts based on a donors preference. We welcome the opportunity to participate with a donor in making a memorial or honorarium gift; and we can support a donor’s interest in making a planned gift.
In addition to unrestricted gifts made to the ministry, some donors choose to designate gifts for specific purposes. As an example, the ministry welcomes gifts intended for endowment so that the gift endures in perpetuity. Planned gifts from donors wishing to include the ministry as part of their legacy are also welcomed and can also be designated for a specific purpose.
Additionally, as needs and opportunities arise, special projects are identified each year, usually to meet an unexpected need or so that a specific opportunity can be realized, to give those donors who wish to support a specific project the opportunity to do just that.
Additional Giving Opportunities for Lutherock: